Monday, December 1, 2008

To Mr. Mel Guymon from Naboo Cat

Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 08:33:28 -0800 (PST)
logo_icon
To:
Mr. Mel Guymon
Head of 3D Operations
Google Inc.

Dear Mr. Guymon,

The first time I entered Lively, I found myself, within minutes, in a nicely decorated room having a pleasant conversation with friendly people from all over the world.

I quickly discovered how easy it is to meet new people in Lively. Many of those people have become friends, some very close friends.

Google got something just right in Lively: the simple aesthetic, ease of use, clean interface, emphasis on chatting and social networking, allowing people to be creative. All of it works to bring people together.

What makes Lively really special are the people. In my group of friends are men and women from all over the world and of all ages.

There is my friend from Beijing, a first-year university student. We talk about American pop-culture (which she knows more about than I do). I help her with her English-language homework. She tells me about life in China.

There is my friend from Crete, wise beyond his years (which makes him very wise indeed). He can tell you what makes people tick, and he knows how to roast a sheep -- a rare combo.

There is my friend from Lebanon, always full of life, good for a laugh, a talented artist, and generous. Like all of them, he is someone I would never have gotten to know without Lively.

There may not be a huge number of Lively users, but our dedication to Lively is huge. Lively means a great deal to us. Given the chance, I know we will help to grow Lively into a successful product.

Mr. Guymon, please reconsider the future of Lively.

Yours sincerely,
Naboo Cat

No comments: