Monday, December 1, 2008

To Mr Guymon from Adrian (webrunner1981)


To
Mel Guymon
Head of 3D Operations
Google Inc.
Dear Mr. Guymon,


My adventure with Lively has begun on July. I've seen how Lively engine works on youtube.com. I'm IT person and i know how difficult is to create new product, which is safe and useful. I think all Lively Team made a briliant job and i wish to thank all of them. I know which problems are usually on chat, but here - in Lively i have met smart people from many countries. I've never imagined it is possible to talk like that. In Poland we don't have nothing like this. I've met compatriots in Lively. I have many virtual friends now. All thanks Lively. I hope, you won't shut down Lively. Why? Cause it gives so many possibilities, which another wirtual world will never give to people. I think you did something, I was dreaming about from childhood - a safe place, where democracy exist and is respecting, place - where smart minds can show, what they can, can tell, what they think, where everyone has a chance to be, who want to be. I understand reasons as informatitian, why you've decided to end this beta project, but I think it's a cruel to kill human's dreams.

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."

William Butler Yeats - quote from "Equilibrum"

Sincerely.
Adrian alias webrunner1981

No comments: