Monday, December 1, 2008

To Mel Guymon from Vic Morgan

logo_icon

Date: Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 6:02 PM

To
Mel Guymon
Google

Dear Sir,

I am drawn to write this to you, about the plan to close Lively.

Like others, I have enjoyed Lively and I thank you for that. I have sat here laughing many a time at the antics of the Lively participants. Never would I of thought, even a few months ago, that I would be involved in any form of chat rooms. Yet, now I find Lively to be part of my day.

ADSL only arrived to the area in which I live a sort time ago, so I bought some computers thinking its time to learn about them and the internet. I found Lively on my home page when it was shown as new, but I didn`t try it then. When I did enter Lively I found it became like a fast track in learning, things like Picasa, Youtube, Gmail and web storage to name a few all became common place. Lively did push me to get a grip with the internet. The nearest city for me to learn about computers at a decent level is 500 miles away, as I live in the Australian "bush". Lively has truly helped me, my online school in many ways. I feel I`ve been Googlized.

Ok, so I`ve had a few weeks of fun and getting to know my way about Google and the internet, then you pop up with this kill Lively shit. Come on man, not even a decent comment to all saying the why of it. Not nice matey, not nice at all, as I`m sure you know.

Rethink this position and let some open source types get involved to turn Lively into a successful asset for Google

Regards

Vic Morgan mollyvic

No comments: