Monday, December 1, 2008

To Mel Guymon from Rana

Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 18:53:17 -0800 (PST)

To:
Mel Guymon
Head of 3D Operations
Google Inc.

Dear Mr. Guymon,

I am not sure whether our efforts to keep Lively is going to be fruitful. We know that you have considered all the points before making this decision. But I thought that I must tell my story as well.

I am all a Google fan. An early adopter of all Google products. Every one of them. When Lively came, I had to wait because of the OS incompatibilities. So when I go the correct OS, the first thing I did was to install Lively.

I was mesmerized by the interactivity it provided. I have never used a VW before. I never had the need before. I never thought of using Lively repeatedly as well. But I kept on coming back. Making friends, Making rooms.Chatting with strangers.

I am from a small island in the Indian ocean, Sri Lanka. Many I met, had not heard of it. But I was all welcome into their company. I have made friends from all over the world, USA, UK, Brazil, Germany.India, China, etc. I have learn a lot about their culture. I have made friends, real friends, friendships that go beyond these VWs, who's friendship that I will cherish for my life.

At the end of a busy day at work, it was soothing to chat with these friends, for it eases my mind & relieves me of my stress. Most were very friendly & creative. There is a very tight community bonding among us, the Lively users, which is as of a real neighborhood community.

We have gone through friends who had difficult times & of course had been of immense help in some of their personal lives.

After the devastating news that Google is going to shutdown lively, I have tried a dozen of other VWs. To my utter disbelief, they are far, far away from Lively. As usual, I do not think I could find an alternative to this lovely, lively Google product.

Well Mr. Guymon, I could go on & on about these things. But in simple what I want to say is, we are not just avatars in a Virtual World. We are real people, that are bound by humanity, that seek like minded people. We are bound to each other by friendship. We are a real, living, breathing community of friends.

Thank you in the first place for giving us such a product in the first place to live with.

Please let us live. Let Lively live.
sincerely,
Rana
http://livelyzens.com/

No comments: