Monday, December 1, 2008

To Mel Guymon from LuisNJ

Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 19:37:53 -0800 (PST)

To
Mel Guymon
Head of 3D Operations
Google Inc.
Dear Mr. Guymon,
My name is Luis from Lively. I have joined Lively on the day following its launch. I have been an avid user of the Internet and chat applications for about 12 years now, if not longer. I have followed the evolution of those engines. Among those applications, there was one from Microsoft, back in 1997, called Comic Chat. You would assume an identity as an Avatar in a 2D page like a Comig Book. It was really fun, different. But that product was discontinued after sometime. And I still miss it today. The SecondLife appeared but it was not appealing. It was bulky, difficult to use, not friendly at all. I took a quick look at it maybe a year ago but never really had interest in using it.

Then, in July, Lively came out. That was totally different. It is easy to use; has a nice GUI; the avatars have animations and smooth gestures; you can easily embed Youtube videos and pictures. All that made the product so fun to use, appealing. And as a big bonus, I had chance to meet wonderful people there. And now, the announcement of its discontinuity is just devastating. Please, I would like to ask that Google reconsider its decision and give Lively chance to live and grow. Because I feel it has potential.


Please, keep Lively alive,
Thank you.
-LuisNJ

No comments: