Monday, December 1, 2008

To Mel Guymon from Brittany.cda

Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:21:29 -0800 (PST)


To
Mel Guymon
Head of 3D Operations
Google Inc.
Dear Mr. Guymon,

I am taking this opportunity to express my sadness at the decision of Google to terminate its Lively 3D Virtual World.

I have had the pleasure of being a citizen of Lively since July 12th. During this time I have made numerous friends and look forward to my daily chats with them and others. We have shared stories and experiences. We have shared laughter and tears. All of this we have shared in what I believe to be the finest 3D community environment on the web.

As my friend Cherrystar indicated in her letter to you, it is during this period that I began to use many of the Google products including search, mail and instant messenging. The unique and fulfilling experience I have encountered in Google’s Lively has extended to your other fine products. It is this continued exposure through Lively that I believe has been a significant although unseen benefit of Lively to the Google group.

Although I imagine that your decision was not an easy one and was based on many and varied criteria, I do hope that Google would reconsider that decision.

Brittany Mansell
Calgary, Canada
http://livelyzens.com

No comments: